Search This Blog

7/26/10

The Extraordinary Ramona


After her constant gushing on how much she would love to see this movie, my aunt and I finally went to the theater to see it. Ok, so it's only been out since Friday, but still. Anyway, I was not disappointed with this movie. It's a heart warming, yet hilarious family movie filled with realistic antics and a view into a child's imagination. It's about time they put out a decent kid's movie without 3D glasses and constant action. At 10 years old, Joey King, "Ramona", is definetly one of the best child actors I have seen in a long time. She did not overdo her character, but gave her life. Selena Gomez, "Beezus", also did a very nice job. Although she doesn't seem to ever stray far from her type-cast as the ill-tempered sister with a strange sense of humor. I did see some differences in her acting than in "Wizards of Waverly Place" though. I was never a big fan of Hutch Dano, who plays "Henry", but I loved him in this movie. Plus, I couldn't resist those baby blues any longer. Every character in this story has a different life to them and you can't help but love each of them, well, all excpet maybe one... ;]

So, if you are looking for a great movie for your kids, or even just for you, I definetly recommend this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment